Members of APGRA comprise firms, individuals and in-house executives providing government relations advisory services to corporate and other organisations in Australia who are committed to operating as credible, responsible and ethical providers of government relations services in Australia.
Membership is open to government relations practitioners working as part of a firm providing government relations services, as an individual consulting practitioner and to those working ‘in-house’ at corporations, industry organisations and NGOs (non-government organisations), who are able to satisfy, and agree to, the Association’s Code of Conduct and Membership Rules.
All applications for membership must be approved by APGRA’s Management Committee.
There are six classes of ordinary membership, as follows:
- Large Consulting Firms – a firm with 9 or more government relations professionals working in the business.
- Intermediate Consulting Firms – a firm with 6-8 government relations professionals working in the business.
- Small Consulting Firms – a firm with 5 or less government relations professionals working in the business.
- Individual Consultants – self-employed government relations professionals working independently.
- Individual ‘In-House’ consultants – as part of their employment duties are to represent the views of their employer only and not to represent the interests of multiple unrelated businesses.
- Life Membership – an individual who has been recognised for their long standing and valued service to the association and professional government relations in Australia.